Prices for ITSO membership and services vary depending on how you plan to use the ITSO system and which sector you come from.
Core services included in these prices are:
- ITSO Operating Licence
- ITSO Security Management Service (ISMS)
- ITSO Secure Application Modules (ISAMs)
ITSO Operating Licence
Any ITSO member who chooses to provide specific functions within the ITSO environment has to sign the ITSO Operating Licence. This contractual undertaking aims to preserve the integrity of the ITSO environment.
Only ITSO Members may have an Operating Licence and such licences are only valid whilst their ITSO Membership remains in place.
ITSO Security Management Service (ISMS)
ITSO has developed a robust Security Sub System for use by Licensed Operators.
This system includes all elements of the ITSO environment, including:
- Customer Media (smartcards or other smart devices)
- Point of Service Terminals (POSTs – ticket machines or barriers)
- Host Operator Processing System (HOPS – the back office data processing system).
At the heart of the Security Sub System are the cryptographic keys that are required by all elements of the ITSO environment to provide security and trust for all users. These cryptographic keys are generated within the ISMS and are made securely available to all users requiring them.
Each user requires an Asset Management Service (AMS) function within a HOPS to communicate to the ISMS. All POSTs and HOPS will contain an ITSO Secure Application Module (ISAM) that securely holds the cryptographic keys.
ITSO operates and runs the ISMS. This system provides key management facilities in a secure data centre, managing the lifecycle of the ITSO keys and ensuring the ISAMs are configured securely with these keys and managing the lifecycle of the ISAM from ordering to placing in and out of service.
The charges for the ISMS are fixed initial charges for the AMS set-up, ISAM connections and Frame Downloads plus annual charges for the AMS renewal and ISAM connections. For details please refer to Schedule Three on the Pricing Schedule.
ITSO Secure Application Modules (ISAMs)
The ITSO Secure Application Module (ISAM) is a programmable smart card chip with extended memory and is supplied as a card of the same size as a conventional bank card but with a removable section similar to a SIM card for a mobile phone.
The ISAM implements the secure part of the ITSO application, is fundamental to the operation of the ITSO environment and is currently used in every Point Of Service Terminal (POST) and Host Operator Processing System (HOPS/back office) within the ITSO environment.
The ISAM provides a number of key elements:
- Operation of all levels of key management/usage thereby allowing different operators to have their products work with the ISAM and provide interoperability;
- Certification and validation of card data and transaction data, in turn ensuring correct information is relayed to service operators for subsequent settlement;
- 4 Mega Bytes of secure data storage (primarily transaction data) providing ample scope for collecting transactions even in the busiest locations.
The charges for ISAMs are based upon the quantity ordered. More details of the pricing is available from Schedule Four on our Pricing page. To order ISAMs, Form 5B available from the Members Procedures page must be completed.
For further enquiries regarding the supply of ISAMs please contact our Finance team on 01908 255488 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full schedule and pricing list can be accessed here.
Join ITSO membership
If you have any queries please contact Kim Clarke, Relationship Manager on 01908 255485, or email, email@example.com