ITSO on Mobile
ITSO understands that mobile technologies and services can transform smart ticketing in public transport and has developed a solution that emulates the ITSO smartcard on a mobile phone.
ITSO Transit Hub has developed a solution with Google to bring all of the benefits of the ITSO national smartcard to Google Pay on the mobile phone.
ITSO on Mobile will offer passengers end-to-end functionality that will allow them to plan their journeys, buy their tickets and then access their chosen modes of transport seamlessly, in a virtual 'wallet', all from the comfort and convenience of their mobile phone.
The solution architecture will be:
- Compatible with existing ITSO infrastructure
- Re-use existing ITSO and ‘payment style’ software modules wherever possible
- Scalable for rapid and resilient rollout
- Using a central ITSO-managed transit hub through which products will be channelled from operator back offices to a standard card emulation within the mobile phone.
- Capable of integrating with operator’s existing mobile retail components
ITSO are keen to engage with suppliers to the mobile payment industry as well as existing suppliers and members who are interested in implementing this new mobile ticketing technology. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.