ITSO Prices 2016-17
Any individual, or organisation with an interest in the development of interoperable smart media solutions, is welcomed as a member of ITSO. Members have access to the ITSO website and technical information, along with groups and committees that they can attend to enable them to understand and influence the development and implementation of the ITSO Specification.
Any individual or organisation wishing to participate in an interoperable scheme using ITSO products must be an ITSO member and hold an ITSO Operating Licence.
ITSO joining and membership fees are banded according to the type of Member and their level of business turnover. In the case of an organisation which is part of a larger company or group the total worldwide turnover of the group determines its membership category.
Any affiliate membership and associated fees will be defined and applied at the discretion of the Board.
A document explaining ISAM statuses and the ISMS, which affects ISAM connection fees, is available here ISAM-Status-ISMS-v1.1
See prices and fees in the drop down tabs below.
|Sector||Joining Fee||Membership Fee|
|1) Transport Operating Sector|
|Turnover per annum|
|– less than £50 million||£5,180||£5,180|
|– £50 million and over||£10,365||£10,365|
|2) Public Sector|
|DfT/Scottish Executive/Welsh Government||£77,720|
|PTEs – Each PTE (Passenger Transport Executive)||£7,255||£7,255|
|– Less than 500,000||£1,035||£1,035|
|– 500,000 and over||£5,180||£5,180|
|3) Supplier Sector|
|Turnover per annum:|
|– less than £5 million||£1,035||£1,035|
|– £5 million and over||£5,180||£5,180|
1. Fees are payable for new membership applications within the year. Applications are processed according to the information provided by the applicant member, which ITSO trusts is correct.
2. The amount payable by new members will be calculated on a pro rata basis for the year based on the date of membership application.
The ITSO Specification identifies those involved in creating and accepting ITSO shells and products by using Operator Identities (OIDs). For this purpose they are divided into three groups which match the different roles that members can perform.
- ITSO shell owner
- ITSO product owner
- Service provider – e.g. service operator, product retailer or shell retailer
Should a member that initially obtained a Product owner OID wish to become an ITSO Shell owner they will need to obtain and pay for a Shell owner OID too. Similarly, if a Service provider wishes to become either a Product owner or a Shell owner, they will need to purchase the applicable OID.
Should any change be needed to an existing OID registration, an amendment fee will be payable.
One-off fees are payable immediately upon registration with ITSO. Annual fees are applicable on the 1st April each year for existing OID fees, and pro-rated to the end of the financial year (31st March 2017) for new OID fees.
Schedule Two: Operating Charges
|One-off Fee||Annual Fee||
First Year Total
(if whole year)
ITSO provides a central registration and key management service in the UK – the ISMS.
The ISMS has an interface to a Member’s HOPS via their Asset Management System (AMS) to enable a Member to perform the following ITSO roles:
- ITSO Product Owners
- ITSO Shell Owners
- Collection and Forwarding Agents
Charges for ISMS usage apply to each of the above roles.
The charges for ISMS usage comprise:
- An AMS set-up fee, with a subsequent annual maintenance fee.
- A one-off IPE registration fee with a subsequent annual licence fee.
- A one-off CMD registration fee.
- A fee for any changes to an IPE.
- ISAM connection fees will be charged quarterly based on operational ISAMs associated to the ISMS at the start of the quarter (namely April, July, October and January). For example an operator may have 1,000 operational Tier 1 ISAMs, so the charge will be 1,000 x £21 ÷ 4 = £5,250 charged each quarter (assuming the number of operational ISAMs remains at 1,000).
- Annual fees for new items (other than ISAM connection fees) will be charged on a pro-rated basis from commencement to the end of the financial year (31st March 2017).
Schedule Three: ISMS Charges
|ISMS Fees||Notes||One-off fee||Annual Fee||First Year Total (if whole year)|
|AMS/HOPS set up
|Primary HSAM creation||7||£1,765||N/A||£1,765|
|IPE/CMD changes & key extensions (admin fee per change)||4||£200||N/A||£200|
|HSAM Transfer (moving ISAMs from one HSAM to another)||£365||N/A||£365|
|ISAM State Change:||8|
|– 0 to 10 changes||£55||N/A||£55|
|– 11 to 50 changes||£105||N/A||£105|
|– 50+ changes||Request quote|
|ISAM connection fee (per ISAM):|
|– Tier 1 – Bus||5||£21|
|– Tier 2 – Rail||5||£41|
|– Tier 3 – Staging||5||£104|
|– Part 11 Bus ISAM||5||£21|
|– Part 11 Rail ISAM||5||£41|
The charges for ISMS usage comprise:
The ISAM has been developed to operate within the security architecture specified by ITSO in order to ensure that access to the ITSO shell and products is secure, and that loss-less end to end transactions are supported in any scheme complying with the ITSO Specification. It must be present in all ITSO-compliant equipment installed in the UK (except as defined in ‘Part 11’ circumstances).
ISAMs are sold by ITSO Ltd at the prices detailed below under Schedule Four.
Schedule Four: ISAM Prices
|Up to 50 V2||£105|
|51 – 499 V2||£85|
|500 plus V2||£70|
|NOTE: Delivery recharged at cost. email email@example.com for a price.|
It is not necessary for an organisation to be an ITSO member in order for it to be able to obtain certification for its products/services. The fees payable for testing and certification will however be higher for non-members than for members, and non-members are required to pay a one-off supplier registration fee before bringing product forward for testing.
The costs of certification and testing are largely based around daily rates (see Schedule Five). Upon successful completion of testing, a draft certificate will be issued for review. Once this is agreed, and all outstanding invoices are paid, a final certificate is issued and published on the website. Any subsequent changes to a certificate, which involve no testing, will incur a Certificate Change Administration fee on presentation of appropriate information.
Certificates remain displayed upon the ITSO website until expiration or withdrawal, irrespective of current membership status.
Schedule Five: ITSO Testing and Certification Fees
|Supplier registration fee||1||N/A||£2,180|
|Equipment testing (per day)||2||£1,035||£1,295|
|Use of testing suites (per day)||£260||£365|
|Test session reservation deposit
||3||50% of booked test fees (minimum one day)|
|Certificate change admin fee||£260||£310|
|Other technical support provided||£155 (per hour)||£185 (per hour)|
1. Registered Suppliers that subsequently decide to join ITSO as Members will have their Supplier Registration fee allowed against their ITSO Joining/Membership Fee. It is a Supplier’s responsibility to ensure that they register correctly with ITSO before submitting equipment or making an application to use the testing service.
|2. For test sessions carried out at locations other than the ITSO test warehouse, travel and accommodation expenses etc. will be re-charged at cost and agreed in advance.|
|3. Should a member / registered supplier cancel or postpone their booking for any reason, the Reservation Fee shall be forfeited as per the table below:
Days prior to the scheduled test session start date Percentage forfeit
91 days or more NIL
61 to 90 days 25%
31 to 60 days 50%
15 to 30 days 75%
14 days or less 100%
This is a service provided by ITSO that verifies that CMDs have been properly encoded in accordance with the declared parameters.
An ITSO Member can send CMDs, along with the details of the encoding, to ITSO and they will be validated to confirm that they have been produced in accordance with the member’s requirements.
This service does not replace CMD Certification.
Circumstances when this service might be used are:
- When a parameter has been changed
- When a new Card Management System is introduced
- When new Products (IPEs) have been added to a CMD
- When the card encoding production is changed
Schedule Six: Card Validation Service
|Number of CMDs||Cost|
|Up to 1||£285|
|11 to 20||£570|
|21 to 30||£850|
|31 or more||£850 + £31 per additional CMD (over 30)|
This bundle is for use with ITSO downloadable software, i.e. the CM Reader Tool and the ISAM Reader tool. It contains the following:
- 1 x HID Omnikey 5421 USB dual smart card reader
- 1 x CD containing the latest versions of the CM Tool and ISAM Tool installers, along with both Digital User Manuals.
- 1 x CM/ISAM Tool Printed User Manual
Price: £100 + VAT, including P&P
To order please contact our finance department with your purchase order, firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on 9 January 2017 GMT